Does the old adage “Sell in May and go away” still apply?
Last Friday, April 30, Portia Capital Management owner, Michelle Connell, CFA, had the privilege to speak with Yahoo Finance’s Sibile Marcellus and Alexis Christoforous on the current state of the investment markets. During the interview, Michelle explained why we think it would be prudent to do some trimming in your investment portfolio before summer begins.
Click below to watch the full interview.
Other topics discussed during the interview include:
- What sectors of the economy are not participating in the post pandemic recovery?
- What factors are preventing valuations from advancing further? Could Chairman Powell have been warning investors last week with his use of the word “frothy?”
- Will higher inflation and taxation take a toll on future returns?
- Where are the areas of opportunity for stocks?
- With interest rates increasing, how should an investor approach their bond allocations?
- Stocks that have upside of 15 percent or more-despite the current overbought status of the market.
Learn more about our services.
- Would you like to learn more about we have helped protect our clients’ portfolios in times of crisis?
- Are you concerned about optimizing your retirement portfolio and meeting your long-term goals?
Contact us today!
Call us: 619-481-0379
Email us: email@example.com
About Portia Capital Management
Michelle Connell, CFA is the President and Owner of Portia Capital Management, LLC, the only Registered Investment Advisory firm in DFW to be founded by a female CFA. Ms. Connell is one of the highest-rated finance professors in the United States, currently serving as an adjunct professor at The University of Texas in Dallas and teaching the CFA Review for the DFW CFA Society. Ms. Connell works with her students and private clients to understand the value of crafting a portfolio that includes conventional products as well as alternative assets, including private equity, private debt and real estate, and allows investment portfolio creation with greater downside protection and more consistent returns.